The College of Public Health is pleased to announce the launch of the CPH Alumni Board. The board will support the CPH Office of Development and Alumni Relations in its efforts to foster meaningful and lasting connections among the CPH alumni family and to build a network of dedicated alumni to support the initiatives of the College to advance the field of public health.
Board members will develop programming and engagement opportunities for alumni, students, and faculty to connect and show their commitment to the UGA College of Public Health.
The creation of the board is the culmination of efforts led by the College’s Alumni Working Group to envision and put into action a plan for engaging CPH’s current and future alumni community.
Board president Erica Parks, who served as a member of the working group, says her goal is to “build a solid foundation for the CPH Alumni Board by intentionally recruiting alumni, engaging the communities we serve, and collaborating with our partners and stakeholders.”
“I am thrilled we have an Alumni Board that will work hard to build stronger relationships with our College and CPH Dawgs,” said CPH Dean Marsha Davis. “As we engage the board members and our CPH alumni in our classes, research, community outreach, the more prepared we all are to achieve our mission of improving the health of all.”
The 2021-2022 CPH Alumni Board members include –
- Erica N. Parks (MPH ’11), President
- Kim Metcalf (BSEH ’93, MS ’96), Vice President
- Meridith Keller Woodman (BSEd ’96), Executive Secretary
- Samrina Jamal (BS ’17, MPH ’18), Deputy Secretary
- Adam Bowling (BS ’13)
- Quintunya Chapman-Hamilton (BSHP ’16)
- Lori Elmore (BSEd ’00)
- Adam Gobin (BS ’06, AB ’06, MPH ’08)
- LaTonia McGinnis (BSEd ’99)
- LaNeesha V. Scott (BSEH ’91)
- Raegan A. Tuff (PhD ’09)
- Valerie Kimbrough (MPH ’19, MHA ’20) ex-officio
- Lynnsey Lafayette (AB ‘09) ex-officio
Learn more about the Board and meet our inaugural members here.
Posted on August 25, 2021.