The University of Georgia requires advising appointments prior to registration for each semester. At the College of Public Health, our academic advisors in the CPH Office of Academic Affairs assist students in planning class schedules, registering for courses, and becoming familiar with their program of study.

Who do I contact to learn about undergraduate degrees at the College of Public Health?

Please contact a CPH Academic Advisor if you are interested and/or have questions about changing your major to one of the College of Public Health’s undergraduate offerings. Any additional questions can be addressed to Heather McEachern in the College’s Office of Academic Affairs.

How do I declare a major in environmental health or health promotion?

Currently enrolled students who would like to declare a major in environmental health or an intended major in health promotion should login to Athena. From Athena’s “My Programs” tab, you will be able to add/delete majors, emphasis areas, minors, and certificates.

  • When adding the Environmental Health major, please choose one of two areas of emphasis (advanced science/pre-med or public health practitioner).
  • When adding the intended Health Promotion major, please choose one of three areas of emphasis (behavioral medicine, health promotion or health services). Please note, an application is required for admittance into the Health Promotion major.

If you have any questions, please email

How do I add a certificate or minor?

 Login to Athena. From Athena’s “My Programs” tab, you will be able to add/delete majors, emphasis areas, minors, and certificates.

Click to learn more:

If you have any questions, please email

Who is my CPH advisor?

All students in a public health major are assigned a staff advisor in the new UGA advising system, SAGE. You can find your “Primary Advisor” listed in your network.

How do I make an advising appointment?

Each semester your advisor will let you know when you can log into SAGE and schedule your appointment with them.
To schedule an appointment with your advisor, go to and log in with your MyID and password.  Once you’re logged in, click the “My Success Network” option in the left menu, find your primary advisor, and  then click “Schedule an Appointment.”

PLEASE NOTE: Within the first 6 weeks of so of the semester, a number of our CPH academic advisors advise 4th year students, followed by 3rd year students in the health promotion major.  After this time, these advisors will then open their calendars to all students. An email will be sent when general advising hours are posted.

If you encounter difficulties or your advisor does not appear to have any open appointments, please email your advisor. Students who need to cancel or reschedule an appointment must do so 24 hours in advance.

Where are CPH advisement offices located?

 The offices of our CPH advisors are located in the Ramsey Student Center on Main Campus and Wright Hall on the Health Sciences Campus. Please reference the CPH Advising Center contact list for office locations.

Who do I contact with additional questions?

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Heather McEachern at

CPH Advising Office Contacts

Kirsten ClarkAcademic Advisor
305 Ramsey Center
706-542-4380 (office)

Caitlin Dye, Academic Advisor
306 Ramsey Center
706-542-7045 (office)

Kathryn Pollett, Academic Advisor
304 Ramsey Center
706-542-8380 (office)

Heather McEachern, Office of Student Services
105D Rhodes Hall
Health Sciences Campus
706-542-3183 (office)