- This event has passed.
Athens Wellbeing Project White Paper Symposium
Join us on Wednesday, December 14 for the next edition of the Athens Wellbeing Project’s White Paper Series, which will present 2022 survey data, highlighting mental health, housing, finances, & healthcare access. The event starts at 1:00 p.m. at the Athens-Clarke County Library.
The Athens Wellbeing Project, now in it’s third iteration, features data from Athens-Clarke County households. These data are the first insight into post-pandemic life in our community, and provide deep insight into the opportunities and challenges for improving wellbeing in Athens. Graduate student teams from the department of Health Policy and Management will present their findings in a white paper format that will highlight findings from the data in addition to policy recommendations and community context.
All are welcome and encouraged to attend! Topics will include:
- Changes in access to healthcare access (primary, mental, and dental care)
- Predatory lending among Athens households
- Youth Mental Health and Substance Use
- Housing cost and fragility
- Transportation: Vision Zero & Improving Safety for Pedestrians
- Childcare & Workforce Development
Presentations will be given on each topic, followed by facilitated audience discussion and Q&A. We look forward to seeing you there!