Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts + Master of Public Health
The Double Dawgs program at the University of Georgia was created to give ambitious and motivated students a competitive advantage in today’s knowledge economy. By earning both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in five years or less, students can save time and money while positioning themselves for success after graduation.
In the College of Public Health, students have the unique opportunity to pair their Bachelor of Science (BS) or Bachelor of Art (AB) degree with a Master of Public Health (MPH).
Learn More Today
Interested in the Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts + Master of Public Health program and want to speak with an advisor? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the referral form below.
The Double Dawgs Program allows students to accelerate their progress toward a master’s degree by taking graduate-level coursework during the final year of their undergraduate studies. Students save time and money by earning a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree in one year instead of two.
Why Double Dawgs?
- A Head Start: Begin graduate coursework while you’re completing your undergraduate degree.
- Shared Credits: 12 hours of graduate coursework count towards your undergraduate degree.
- Accelerated Timeline: With careful planning you can finish your MPH degree in one year, instead of two.
A current list of available programs offered in partnership with the College of Public Health may be found on the Programs List Page. Search for “public health.”
Pathway Admission Requirements
The Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts + Master of Public Health program requires an application and essay for admission into the pathway. Applications are accepted each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Students typically meet with the College of Public Health Double Dawgs advisor during their first and second year, and apply to the pathway no later than the beginning of their third year.
- Students are required to meet with the College of Public Health Double Dawgs advisor prior to submitting their application.
- Students must have an overall grade point average (GPA) minimum of 3.5 by the time of application.
- Double Dawgs pathway students are NOT guaranteed admission to the MPH program, and are required to apply to the MPH during the semester of their enrollment in the 12th graduate credit hour. Admission to the graduate program requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a completed application packet that is reviewed by the department’s faculty to determine whether the students’ academic records align with the program requirements.
Once accepted to the pathway, students must earn a “B-” or higher in all Double Dawgs courses and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 to remain in the College of Public Health Double Dawgs program.
How to Apply
Pathway Application Process and Materials:
- Complete a meeting with the College of Public Health Double Dawgs advisor prior to submission of the application. The Double Dawgs advisor will help you determine which semester the pathway application will be due.
- Write Statement of Purpose / Admissions Essay: The statement of purpose is your opportunity to communicate to the College of Public Health how the Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts and Master of Public Health program fits with your current career and educational goals.
- Questions to consider when writing your statement of purpose: Why is public health important to you? What are your current career or educational goals? Do you have any work, volunteer, educational, or personal experiences that sparked your interested in public health?
- You should write this essay in the first person, and limit your answer to one-page, double-spaced, 12-point font with one-inch margin.
- Please save essay in PDF format and name the file as follows LastName_FirstName_CurrentSemester.pdf (example: Pollett_Kathryn_Fall2021.pdf)
- Submit Online Application and Statement of Purpose via the APPLY NOW button below.
Applications for the Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts + Master of Public Health pathway are accepted each Fall and Spring Semester.
- Fall Semester Application Deadline: November 1
- Spring Semester Application Deadline: April 1
Submit your Application:
Ready to submit your application to the Double Dawgs Bachelor of Science or Arts + Master of Public Health Pathway? Please click the APPLY NOW button below.