Welcome to College of Public Health Faculty & Staff Portal. Links found here offer quick access to resources, services and tools most commonly used by faculty and staff on a daily basis.
Coronavirus (COVID‑19) Information and Resources
Visit the links below for the latest novel coronavirus (COVID-19) information and updates from various units at UGA.
- DawgCheck | FAQs
- University-Wide Updates & Resources
- Updates & Resources for College of Public Health students, faculty & staff
This page is still underdevelopment. If you have suggestions on what you’d like to see here, please email us at email@example.com.
Online Instructional Resources
- Learning eLC – Self-directed orientation divided into Essential, Recommended, and Extended materials. Subsections include Communicating with Students, Classroom Management, Assessing Student Work, Customizing Brightspace, Using Brightspace in an Online Context, the Student’s View, and Next Steps (Beyond Basics).
- eLC tutorials from EITS –
- Content – Includes creating course content, modules and topics, and copying content between courses.
- Communication – Includes discussions, email, announcements, classlist, calendar, and a useful feature called Intelligent Agents.
- Assessments – Includes quizzes, rubrics, and assignment tool.
- Course Layout – A short review of the “pieces” on a given eLC page for a course.
- Grades and the Gradebook – Includes setting up the gradebook, exporting grades, and using calculated grades.
- Summer 2020 Course Prep – Includes a course launch checklist, Making Excellent Screencasts, and Instructional Design Basics.
- Making Your Own Media – Some best practices and guidelines for creating your own media content to insert in your courses.
- How to Use Kaltura Capture – Creating video content for use in eLC.
- Supplementary materials from D2L and/or other higher education institutions –
- Introductory Instructor Resources – Written resources for Courses, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes, Grades (Brightspace by D2L).
- Introduction for Instructors – YouTube Channel Playlist on basic navigation and creating an instructor profile (Brightspace Tutorials).
- Starting the Semester – YouTube Channel Playlist on importing/exporting course components, working with classlist, announcements, creating groups, release conditions, create discussions, create assignments (Brightspace Tutorials).
- Using Intelligent Agents – This YouTube Playlist is a great tool for large course sections (Brighspace Tutorials).
- Setting Up the Gradebook (Vanderbilt University)
- Building a Question Library (The University of Arizona)
- Accessibility in Online Courses and Materials (Brightspace)
- Advising at a Distance for Advisors – Academic Advising Services
- Technology for Teaching and Learning Continuity – Office of Instruction
- Center for Teaching and Learning | CTL Newsletter Archive
- OneSource Travel Instructions (PDF)
- OneSource (UGA Financial Management System) – login to system to create Travel Authorizations and Expense Reports (VPN and ArchPass Duo required)
- UGA Travel Policies and Procedures
- UGA Automotive Center – Vehicle Rental
Human Resources and Payroll
- OneSource (OneUSG Connect System) – login to access the human resources and payroll system (VPN and ArchPass Duo required)
- OneUSG Connect Faculty and Staff Guide
- Flextime Request Form
- CPH Telecommuting Agreement Form
- CPH Telecommuting Agreement Form (Phase 3)
- Compensated Outside Activities of Faculty and Staff – Approval Form (PDF)
- Faculty On-boarding (Office of the Provost)
Policies & Procedures
- CPH Graduate Program Faculty Guidelines
- UGA Policy Portal – UGA’s central resource for finding University-level policies and procedures
- USG Policies Portal – policies and procedures that covern, control, and manage USG and all USG institutions, including the University of Georgia
- CPH Staff Council
- Trending @ CPH (Faculty/Staff e-newsletter) – Do you have news to share – kudos for you, a colleague, a student; an announcement for the whole College; a big upcoming event? Submit it here. We’ll review, format, and share it in the next Trending @ CPH. Trending goes out every other Tuesday.