Research Keywords: Stem cell, regenerative medicine, stem cell therapy, gene therapy, organoid, therapeutic discovery, drug discovery, biomarker discovery, disease in a dish modeling, in vitro spermatogenesis, in vitro neurogenesis, in vitro directed differentiation, neuroscience, neural progenitor cells, astrocytes, Huntington’s Disease, trinucleotide repeat expansion, environmental toxicology, genetics, molecular biology, and environmental science
Research interest includes but is not limited to: regenerative medicine, stem cell and gene therapy, organoids, drug, and therapeutic discovery, biomarker discovery, aging, disease modeling in a dish, neurodegenerative diseases, trinucleotide repeat disorders, and environmental toxicology.
1. Khampang, S.*, Cho, I.K.*, Punyawai, K., Gill, B., Langmo, J.N., Nath, S., Watkins, K.A., Symosko, K.M., Fowler, K.L., Tian, S., Statz, J., Steves, A.N., Parnpai, R., White, M.A., Hennebold, J.D., Orwig, K.E., Simerly, C.R., Schatten, G., Easley, C.A., Blastocyst Development after Fertilization with In vitro Spermatids Derived from Non-Human Primate Embryonic Stem Cells. Fertility and Sterility Science. 2021.
2. Khampang, S., Parnpai, R., Mahikul, W., Easley, C.A., Cho, I.K.#, Chan, A.W.S.#, CAG repeat instability in embryonic stem cells and derivative spermatogenic cells of transgenic Huntington’s disease monkey. J Assist Repord Genet. 2021. Epub 2021/02/20. doi: 10.1007/s10815-021-02106-3. PMID: 33611676.
3. Cho I.K., Yang B, Forest C, Qian L, Chan A.W.S. Amelioration of Huntington’s disease phenotype in astrocytes derived from iPSC-derived neural progenitor cells of Huntington’s disease monkeys. PLoS One. 2019;14(3):e0214156. Epub 2019/03/22. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0214156. PubMed PMID: 30897183; PMCID: PMC6428250
4. Cho I.K., Hunter C.E., Ye S, Pongos A.L., Chan A.W.S. Combination of stem cell and gene therapy ameliorates symptoms in Huntington’s disease mice. Nature Partner Journal Regenerative Medicine. 2019;4:7. Epub 2019/04/03. doi: 10.1038/s41536-019-0066-7. PubMed PMID: 30937182; PMCID: PMC6435637
5. Cho, I.K., Moran, S.P., Paudyal, R., Piotrowska-Nitsche, K., Cheng, P.H., Zhang, X., Mao, H., Chan, A.W., Longitudinal monitoring of stem cell grafts in vivo using magnetic resonance imaging with inducible MagA as a genetic reporter. Theranostics 4(10):972-989. 2014. (Cover)
1. Cho, I.K., (Invited Keynote Speaker). Combination of stem cell and gene therapy ameliorates symptoms in Huntington’s disease mice. Drug Discovery News, Advances in Gene Therapy, 2021.
2. Cho, I.K., Hunter, C., Ye, S., Hope, J., Chan, A.W.S., Longitudinal Behavior Assessment to Evaluate the Efficacy of Neural Progenitor Cell Therapy in Huntington’s disease Mice, HD2016. 2016.
3. Cho, I,K., Yang, B., Forest C., Chan, A.W.S., Amelioration of Huntington’s disease phenotype in astrocytes derived from iPSC-derived neural progenitor cells of Huntington’s disease monkeys. I.S.S.C.R. 2016.
4. Cho, I.K., Whatley, A., Magrath, C., Li, Li., Induction of the cytochrome P450 enzyme in channel catfish Ictalurus punctatus following exposure to wastewater treatment plant effluent. Association of Southeastern Biologist. 2009.