How to Apply to M.S./Ph.D. Programs in Environmental Health Science
Step 1: Apply to the UGA Graduate School
For detailed information, please see the Graduate School Admissions Requirements.
- Online Graduate School Application and fee ($75 domestic / $100 international)
- One unofficial transcript from each institution of higher education attended, except the University of Georgia. University of Georgia transcripts are on file. Official transcripts are not required during the review process and will only be required for applicants who are offered admission. Do not mail official transcripts until offered admission.
- Official GRE general test score report sent by testing agency. The UGA institutional code for ETS reporting is 5813. No departmental code is required.
- A statement of purpose. The statement of purpose is your opportunity to communicate to us how this program fits with your career and educational goals. You should also highlight your relevant experience and preparation for this program.
- Three letters of recommendations. List the names of recommenders in the fields on page three of the online application along with their e-mail addresses. They will receive a link to access a secure page where they can submit your recommendation quickly and easily via the Web.
*International applicants, please see additional requirements.
Once the UGA Graduate School has received your complete application materials, the Department will be notified to log into the Graduate School system to retrieve and review your application. You can check your UGA application status at gradstatus.uga.edu.
Step 2: Apply to the Department of Environmental Health Science
- Complete EHS Departmental Application, which includes:
- Curriculum Vitae or resume (PDF or MS Word format)
- A Statement of Interest
- Supplementary evidence of scholarly activity (e.g. published papers, research abstracts, etc.)
- Email departmental application materials to email@example.com. Or mail them to:
Department of Environmental Health Science
℅ Graduate Coordinator
University of Georgia
206 Environmental Health Science Building
Athens, GA 30602-2102
Please visit the following pages for detailed application information for our department’s master’s and doctoral programs:
We encourage prospective undergraduate students to contact our office for more information about the degree programs in the Department of Environmental Health Science. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.