How to Apply to Doctor of Public Health Program
For detailed information, visit the Doctor of Public Health degree page. NOTE: Applications are not considered complete until all applicable fees are processed.
Step 1: Apply to SOPHAS
- Online SOPHAS application and fee. MPH degree program applicants must apply via the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS). For detailed information, please visit the SOPHAS website.
- Official academic transcripts.These should be sent directly to SOPHAS from the registrars or records offices at the institutions you attended.
- A resume/CV and statement of purpose. The statement of purpose is your opportunity to communicate to us how this program fits with your career and educational goals. You should also highlight your relevant experience and preparation for this program.
- Three letters of recommendation. List the names and contact information of at least three recommenders in your SOPHAS application. Be sure to follow up with all your references/recommenders regularly to ensure that the recommendation process has been completed.
- GRE scores are no longer required.
*International Applicants only – additional supplemental information is needed.
(Please visit the UGA Graduate School website for more information.)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent by testing agency to University of Georgia.
- World Education Services (WES) Course Evaluations. Only WES evaluations of international coursework are accepted for inclusion in your SOPHAS application. Any WES-evaluated coursework cleared through SOPHAS will be reviewed once both application steps are fully completed. For specific details, please refer to www.wes.org/sophas.
- Certificate of Finances (COF) Form and Visa Information. Please visit the UGA Graduate School website for more information.
Step 2: UGA Graduate School Supplemental Application Fee
Beginning Fall 2015, applicants are no longer required to submit a supplemental UGA Graduate School application. However, a supplemental application fee is still required.
- The fee can be processed at this link.
We encourage prospective students to reach out to our office for more information about the degree programs in the College of Public Health. Please contact the DrPH Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 678-377-3656.