Before 2020, few people knew much about epidemiology or how scientists model diseases to predict and curb their impacts. But as the COVID-19 pandemic dragged on, politicians, local leaders, and even the general public began looking to models of all kinds to help make tricky policy and personal decisions.
Faculty at the UGA College of Public Health are among a deep bench of researchers investigating infectious disease dynamics across multiple disciplines – including two of our newest faculty, Spencer Fox and Amy Winter.
This year’s magazine features stories focused on faculty, staff, students and alumni who found a calling to help others and found their way to public health. Read their stories and more below.
- Letter from the Dean
- Meet the Dynamics Duo: Spencer Fox & Amy Winter
- Stop and Smell the Flowers: A Sensory Education Program Supports People with Dementia & Caregivers
- Q&A with Lucy Annang Ingram, Our New Health Promotion & Behavior Department Head
- Photo Essay: Public Health Dawgs in Japan
- Student Service Spotlight: Abigail Ventimiglia
- Alumni Spotlight: Bill Potts-Datema (DrPH ‘18)
- Alumni Spotlight: Elizabeth Hardister (MPH ‘18)
- And more…
Check your mailboxes, inboxes, or read our 2023 issue online here.
Posted November 17, 2023.