University of Georgia Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Pamela Whitten has appointed a committee to begin a national search to fill the position of dean of the College of Public Health.
Lisa K. Nolan, dean of the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine, will chair the search committee, which includes faculty, staff, alumni and student representation.
Additional search committee members are:
- Mumbi Anderson, clinical assistant professor in the college’s Office of Academic Affairs and graduate education director.
- Grace Bagwell Adams, assistant professor in the department of health policy and management.#
- Diane Baird, administrative manager and human resource liaison, dean’s office.
- Megan Bramlett, master of public health student.
Phaedra Corso, UGA Foundation Professor of Human Health in the department of health policy and management.* Marsha Davis, associate dean for outreach and professor in the department of health promotion and behavior.*
- Brittani Harmon, clinical assistant professor and doctor of public health program coordinator in the department of health policy and management.
- Nathan Hansen, professor and head of the department of health promotion and behavior.#
- Curt Harris, assistant professor in the department of health policy and management and associate director of the Institute for Disaster Management.
- Alan Kim, undergraduate student majoring in environmental health science.
- Brooks McCommons, senior director of development for constituent programs in the university’s division of development and alumni relations.
- Jessica Legge Muilenburg, associate professor and graduate coordinator in the department of health promotion and behavior.
- Luke Naeher, professor in the department of environmental health science.
- Ye Shen, associate professor in the department of epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Christopher Whalen, Distinguished Research Professor and Ernest Corn Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology in the department of epidemiology and biostatistics and director of the Global Health Institute.
- Xiaozhong “John” Yu, assistant professor in the department of environmental health science.
The committee will be assisted by the UGA Search Group in Human Resources.
Phillip L. Williams, who has served as dean of the College of Public Health since its founding in 2005 and holds the Georgia Power Professorship of Environmental Health, recently announced that he will be stepping down from his role and retiring on December 1.
The College of Public Health
Founded in 2005 as a response to the state’s need to address important health concerns in Georgia, the College of Public Health is comprised of four academic departments and four research institutes. Graduates of the College of Public Health—nationally known for its work related to aging, disaster preparedness, evidence-based practice, global infectious disease, and workplace health—typically go on to a diverse range of careers that include medicine, health education, emergency management, public health policy, environmental science and social work.
* After Marsha Davis agreed to serve as Interim Dean of the College of Public Health, effective December 1, 2019, she relinquished her role on the search committee for the next permanent dean of the College of Public Health. This story was also updated on April 12, 2019, to reflect additional changes to the search committee. # denotes search committee members who joined after the initial launch.
– Sam Fahmy
Posted on April 26, 2018. Updated on September 27, 2018 and April 12, 2019.
The original release can be found on UGA Today.